I wasn’t sure if I should do this tag as I didn’t actually post any blog posts during 2018, but Lauren suggested doing my favourite 7 Instagram posts instead, so here we are 🙂
Your favourite 7 posts from 2018
I left my heart in San Francisco… Oh San Francisco, what a wonderful welcome to California you were. We flew into San Francisco and spent the first two and last nights of our two week road trip there. We visited Alcatraz, drove over the Golden Gate bridge, watched the seals at Pier 39 and saw the SF Giants play at the AT&T Stadium. It was also where we experienced In-N-Out for the first time… try the animal fries!
I love a wedding, and what better way to enjoy Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding than with a little afternoon tea? Ok, so I bought the cakes and sweet treats, but I did make a ton of finger sandwiches to go with them which we all enjoyed! If you like the idea of creating your own afternoon tea, you may be interested in some of my upcoming posts 😉
My Mickey Waffles candle was one of my favourite Christmas gifts in 2017; my sister got it for me from the Maple & Whisky Candle Co. It smells amazing, just like vanilla waffles and sweet sugary syrup – I love a scented candle, but a Disney inspired scented candle?! Heaven.
I posted this on my 5th wedding anniversary; there is a picture of me and Matt for each year we have been together and I really love seeing how we’ve changed and grown ❤
Some pictures here from our friend’s wedding in Dublin… Told you I love a wedding! It was a really nice wedding, and we loved the atmosphere in the pub the evening before the wedding. Listening to awesome live music with good company, and the most delicious (and expensive!) cocktail I’ve ever had.
Matt is not hugely bothered about celebrating his birthday, so we decided to pop to our local Nando’s for some chicken. They had some new things on the menu since the last time we went; Matt loved the Fino pitta and we also got halloumi sticks with chilli jam (OMG) and the Mediterranean salad to share. We both agreed that we need to do more of these kind of dates rather than just sitting in watching TV. Must make more effort!
|My California Road Trip Highlights via Instagram|
Finally, I couldn’t not include the insta stories I posted from our California trip. I can’t even begin to describe how amazing it was. I’m planning on writing an absolute ton of posts about it with all the photos. I like looking back at these little snippets and remembering. I ❤ CALIFORNIA.
7 things you loved the most about 2018
- Our California road trip. California will forever hold a special place in our hearts and minds, and I’m so glad we went on that trip.
- My little niece Wren was born in April.
- I left my old job and got a much needed fresh start and made some hilarious new work pals.
- Finally feeling good from a mental health point of view after struggling for too long.
- The Greatest Showman. What a movie, what a soundtrack! Love love loved it.
- Buying my new computer. Photo editing has been so, so much easier on a big screen.
- Our weekend break outlet village shopping… bought ourselves some nice little treats.
7 things you are looking forward to in 2019
- My birthday! I love my birthday. I always try and get a week off work and spend that week doing things that make me happy. This year, we’re going to London, yay! We’re staying a couple of nights and seeing Wicked and doing some touristy things.
- Planning some trips away with Matt… where to go?!
- New TV and movies… Stranger Things and The Lion King are top of my list.
- Blogging more.
- Reading allllll the books!
- Figuring out how I can start to earn money in my free time.
- Decluttering my home.
Tag 7 bloggers to take part & thank the person who tagged you
- Angela at Paper Lovestory
- Corrie at Dizzybrunette
- Fee at Makeup Savvy
- Elizabeth at Ice Cream Whispers Clara
- Charlotte at The Tea Drinking English Rose
- Michelle at Daisybutter
- Becky at Milk Bubble Tea
And finally, Lauren my lovely pal who blogs at Scrapbook Blog tagged me. Thank you Lauren!