Guys. WE WENT TO CALIFORNIA.
Matt and I both wanted to go back to America after loving our honeymoon in Las Vegas so we decided to do a road trip last summer. I had my heart set on going to Yosemite National Park and seeing Big Sur and Matt was pretty happy to go along with whatever I wanted so I started researching everything California.
We initially planned to go to Utah via Las Vegas to see both Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks but Matt told me that he wanted to see LA, so a couple of months before we left I had to do some rearranging of itineraries (thanks for that, darling husband!) and cancelling and booking new places to stay. Looking back, I do think switching to LA was a better use of our time as it cut down on a lot of driving hours, and Santa Monica was one of the highlights of our trip.
So, we spent two weeks driving along the West coast of the USA and we had the most amazing time. Here’s what we did…
- Day 1: Fly to San Francisco
- Day 2: San Francisco: Alcatraz & SF Giants baseball game
- Day 3: Yosemite National Park (via Mariposa)
- Day 4: Yosemite National Park: Yosemite Falls, Mist Trail & Tunnel View
- Day 5: Yosemite National Park: Mirror Lake, Bridalveil Fall & Glacier Point
- Day 6: Tioga Road & Lee Vining – Lone Pine
- Day 7: LA: Hollywood Sign & Santa Monica
- Day 8: Santa Monica
- Day 9: Venice Beach – Ventura – Tacos at Santa Barbara
- Day 10: Santa Barbara
- Day 11: Pacific Grove
- Day 12: Highway 1 & Big Sur
- Day 13: Monterey & Whale Watching
- Day 14: San Francisco
- Day 15: Fly back home 🙁
As you can see, we went to quite a few places! No two places were the same, and it’s impossible to pick our favourite part of the trip. We have some wonderful memories that we’ll keep with us forever, it really was the trip of my dreams ♥
I’ve got a ton of posts to write, as I can’t possibly do the trip justice in one post. I’ll be posting them in the California Road Trip tag if you want to read more!