The Kindle. A little piece of technology which I hold in my hand and have literally hundreds of books at my fingertips. I know some folk don’t like the idea of e-readers, preferring the weight, smell and general awesomeness that a ‘real book’ has. Don’t get me wrong, I do love paperbacks and would happily have an entire library in my house if we had the space. But sadly, we do not. And for someone who loves to read, the Kindle is my perfect solution. I’ve had mine for over a year now – here’s why I love it.
- It takes up virtually no space, despite being able to hold over 1,000 books. Pretty fab as I have zero space more books in our house.
- It’s super light weight and thin so no trouble to pop in my bag when I’m out and about or travelling.
- The battery lasts for hours from a single charging cycle.
- Built in wi-fi means I don’t have to hook it up to the laptop to get my books.
- Thousands upon thousands of books to choose from in the Kindle store, some of which are usually cheaper than the paperback version.
- Amazon have Kindle Daily Deals each day where they heavily discount a few titles – I’ve bought some amazing books for 99p each on Daily Deals. There are usually lots of books on offer too at reduced rates. And of course there are lots of FREE books that you can download, especially the classics such as Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice.